Hello from Dorothy and Toto

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

FlintHills
Novice

Hello from Dorothy and Toto

Post by FlintHills »

Hey everyone!
I've been lurking on and off this site for quite some time. I've finally taking the plunge, probably biting off a little more than I can chew, starting with a 30 gal pot still with thumper. Sorry, I know I'm pushing the envelope on what's seen as hobby size, but I hope to never have a need to go bigger. I've been reading up on everything I can on here as well as several books I keep referring back to. "Read till your eyes bleed and then read some more",right?! I'm planning to take my time figuring the rest out and making sure everything is setup correctly before really getting things underway. I know some find happiness trying to make the highest proof, I'm interested in making something flavorful and good tasting. I'm excited to be getting into this hobby and learning as much as I can. Cheers to everyone on here who have already fallen down this rabbit hole!
Bushman
Admin

Re: Hello from Dorothy and Toto

Post by Bushman »

Welcome to the forum. In my signature page at the bottom of this post is a suggestion of ways to organize information that helped me when starting. Good luck and be safe!
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

Attention to quality is a good approach to distilling. Anyone can make jet fuel.
Man you're gonna be pulling off some quantity with a 30-gallon!
Welcome and I wish you well.
FlintHills
Novice

Post by FlintHills »

Still Life wrote:Attention to quality is a good approach to distilling. Anyone can make jet fuel.
Man you're gonna be pulling off some quantity with a 30-gallon!
Welcome and I wish you well.
Thank you, I've always been pretty detail oriented. I'll drive me mad if something ain't right lol

Bushman wrote:Welcome to the forum. In my signature page at the bottom of this post is a suggestion of ways to organize information that helped me when starting. Good luck and be safe!
Thank you, I'll definitely make sure and read through it all!
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Welcome to HD FlintHills, :wave:
I lived in the flint hills for a while once but then I somehow got carried off to Munchkin land and settled down outside the Emerald City among the enchanted apple orchards :D
Finding happiness in what you make is what this hobby is all about and this is a good place to learn.