Hi from the sunny UK (atm)

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

ninja_geezer
Novice

Hi from the sunny UK (atm)

Post by ninja_geezer »

Hi to all of you from the sunny UK well today at least 8)
i have done plenty of beer and ciders but have now recently acquired an air still (yes i know they are not great) but it was a gift and i am just starting so be kind :P
done lots of reading on this forum so the first thing will be to ditch the nasty turbo yeast and carbon crap.....
Danespirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hi from the sunny UK (atm)

Post by Danespirit »

Greetings and welcome in.. :wave:

忍術
It takes time and patience, to learn ninjutsu...so does distilling.
Those who are humble enough to learn from a true master, may one day become a master themselves.

Please have a look at the spoonfeed thread (link is in my signature) and you'll soon discover why it's a wise decision to ditch turbo yuck and carbon crap.
While an airstill might be fun to play with, you'll only achieve good results with decent equipment. It doesn't have to cost you half an arm, though.

Have fun and stay safe..
ninja_geezer
Novice

Post by ninja_geezer »

Danespirit wrote:Greetings and welcome in.. :wave:

忍術
It takes time and patience, to learn ninjutsu...so does distilling.
Those who are humble enough to learn from a true master, may one day become a master themselves.

Please have a look at the spoonfeed thread (link is in my signature) and you'll soon discover why it's a wise decision to ditch turbo yuck and carbon crap.
While an airstill might be fun to play with, you'll only achieve good results with decent equipment. It doesn't have to cost you half an arm, though.

Have fun and stay safe..
Many thanks will start reading :D
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

Welcome. I predict after running the airstill a couple of times, you'll be inspired to build something.

Follow these fine folks' advice and you can't go wrong.
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

We have truck drivers, welders, seafarers, programmers, chemists, retired folks and more.
Don't know if you're the first ninja, but Welcome!
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

Only a ninja can sneak up on another ninja...

Welcome to the forum!
Best place to start for newbies - click here - Courtesy of Cranky :-)

If you have used this site to save money by making your own top quality booze at home then please consider donating a couple of dollars to help keep this site running. Cheers!
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

Hi ninja, The guy at our brew shop runs an air still and just lets it run until the "product" had a SG of 40%, as per the instructions.

- I've tasted his stuff - done with turbo and carbonned etc - It was "ok" neutral(ish) - but if you go that route, keep reading and bear in mind, what we do here is so much better than "ok" and many times it is better than you can buy at any price.

Anyway, welcome in and hope to hear your joy at your first product and watch as you progress 8)
g4ogami
Novice

Post by g4ogami »

Hey Ninja,

its my second year of using an airstill. knocked out some wicked work thus far. my best being 80% spiced dark rum which i aged in an oak barrel.
Always willing to share any lessons i've learned. Currently working on Sweet Potato Vodka :D
Dantuss
Swill Maker

Post by Dantuss »

Welcome!
Tones of stuff here to read and lots of great info.
I'm a newbie here to and have spent hours reading up on the hobby lately, lots of friendly folks here to help out as well.
Welcome to a great comunity.
My Build 2" CCVM
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 17&t=68341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
My still up and running 1st and 2nd runs Yahoo!
https://youtu.be/KYZUiHw79vY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
nuntius01
Rumrunner

Post by nuntius01 »

welcome
I'm just the bank and the mule

post your still pics here
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=66917