Hello!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

SittingDuck
Novice

Hello!

Post by SittingDuck »

Hello,

Just want to give a quick introduction and say thanks to everyone, for all the information that has been made available on this forum.

I am Steve and live near St. Louis, Missouri USA.

Found out about this forum while researching to improve my knowledge.

I started out a little over a year ago with a T500 with both column & alembic dome condensers.

I have learned quite a bit and am getting ready to step up to the next level with my new knowledge and consider the last year or so, the price of my education for this new hobby.

The T500 has served me well while getting started, but I am in the process of selling it while planning and building my next set up and may ask a few questions along the way, if all is good.

:)
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hello!

Post by Still Life »

Hey, SittingDuck.
St. Peters, MO here.

Been at this about a year myself and it's a friggin' blast, ain't it?

Good luck with your next still. And welcome to HD!
Danespirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hello!

Post by Danespirit »

Greetings Steve.. and welcome.

As you have started distilling already, you'll have a clue of what's going on in this apparatus called a still.
However, if you haven't yet come by Cranky's spoonfeed thread, please take a look (link in my signature).
If you want to build yourself a still, you won't regret doing so.
You'll find tons of information and a bunch of helpful people in here, to get you on the right track.

Have fun and stay safe.