corn flake mash

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

28taffy
Novice

corn flake mash

Post by 28taffy »

HI I am a 91 year old ex miner trying to make a nightcap to help sleep.I intend to use a 2gal pot.Can I use 3/8 copper pipe between pot and worm or use the stainless 1/2 in flexable that was supplied.Anyhelp PLEASE.THANK YOU FOR ANY REPLIES,TAFFY 28,
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: corn flake mash

Post by Mikey-moo »

Hi Taffy. Welcome to the group.

3/8" is the very minimum we'd recommend. 1/2" would be better. Having said that, it depends what type of flexible hose you've been supplied with. Ones like shower hose have plastic inners and they're not recommended at all.

Have you bought a still then? 2 gallon is a bit small, but could work ok if you run carefully.
Best place to start for newbies - click here - Courtesy of Cranky :-)

If you have used this site to save money by making your own top quality booze at home then please consider donating a couple of dollars to help keep this site running. Cheers!
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: corn flake mash

Post by Pikey »

Hiya Taff, If the stainless is not lined with anything like rubber, plasic etc - should be ok, but yes if you want to go to copper - that's very good from a point of view of pulling out impurities.

Welcome in mate 8)