New Here and to the hobby !!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

NewMexShine
Novice

New Here and to the hobby !!

Post by NewMexShine »

Hello my name is Frank and this is my first time here or posting. I am here looking for knowlege and advice. I started this hobby all because the new house we moved into had 2 apricot trees full of fruit. So now i will try to read all i can to gain more helpful info. once again Hello !
Moonshine may not fix your problems but neither will water or milk !
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: New Here and to the hobby !!

Post by Still Life »

Hello Frank and yes, reading is essential.
Understand that all your questions have likely been answered at one time or another.

Mandatory "spoonfeeding" reading starts here.

Good luck on your adventure, and Welcome.
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

Hi Frank and welcome :)

If you have, or have access to a dehydrator, I'd suggest drying a few lbs for putting flavour into some spirits after distillation.

Your learning curve is likely to be quite steep and dried apricots make great flavourings after distillation.
NewMexShine
Novice

Post by NewMexShine »

Hi, i have already mashed and distilled apricots. Made a 5 gallon mash and came out with 3 1/2 pints of 130 proof with the aroma and hint of apricot flavor. I will try your suggestion next season. Apricots came and left quick, ill be better prpared next go round
Moonshine may not fix your problems but neither will water or milk !
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

NewMexShine wrote:Hi, i have already mashed and distilled apricots. Made a 5 gallon mash and came out with 3 1/2 pints of 130 proof with the aroma and hint of apricot flavor. I will try your suggestion next season. Apricots came and left quick, ill be better prpared next go round
Just make a UJsssm or a neutral and buy a few dried 'cots now - You'll see what I mean 8)
Jes2xu
Swill Maker

Post by Jes2xu »

NewMexShine wrote:Hello my name is Frank and this is my first time here or posting. I am here looking for knowlege and advice. I started this hobby all because the new house we moved into had 2 apricot trees full of fruit. So now i will try to read all i can to gain more helpful info. once again Hello !

Hows it and welcome!

Definitely came to the right place for that. Im new to this too. There is a insane amount of info here for those that are willing to dig for it :)
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

Hello, and welcome.