Hi Everyone Ernie here

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Danstiller
Novice

Hi Everyone Ernie here

Post by Danstiller »

Hi Everyone Ernie here
My father used to tell me stories about when he was a young man working in the copper mines, he had tried his hand at making some home brew Beer. a big learning curve.
he later went on to try his hand making some whiskey , I always wanted to try and see if i could make something drinkable and so here i'm a student at the task. just a NU BE After much reading and study I've completed my first re flux still and condenser as well as my first run of corn mash, topped out @ 145 p. first run though. witch turned out very tasty. all credit goes to the great people here on this site, much thinks for all the insight and excellent still plans. just wanted to be able to say i made something my dear ol dad would be pleased to have a good taste of. so going forward i look to expanding into new recipes and leaning in this hobbie of retirement.
cheers to you Gentlemen job well done
read , re read , listen , learn , tinker
Regards Danstiller
Be true to thy known self
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hi Everyone Ernie here

Post by Still Life »

Nice intro.
Glad to hear all is going well and the site has helped you.
Welcome.
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

Welcome aboard Danstiller,

145 proof is a little low for a reflux still. If you start a new post in the stills section, I'm sure we can help you run it a bit higher.

Cheers!
Best place to start for newbies - click here - Courtesy of Cranky :-)

If you have used this site to save money by making your own top quality booze at home then please consider donating a couple of dollars to help keep this site running. Cheers!
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

Welcome!
Stargazer14
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stargazer14 »

Welcome, I'm a rum drinker myself but working on bourbons for my father. It's a good feeling.