Hello from Alabama

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bama boy
Novice

Hello from Alabama

Post by Bama boy »

Been a guest on this site for awhile ,lot of knowledge here,hope I'm up to the challenge ahead ! Been making muscadine wine for 30 yrs ! I'm interested in making Brandy from my fruit,bought a 15 Gal keg and need the info to do it rite the first time instead of licking my calf over and over ! Open to anyone with the time to send me info or point me in the rite directi
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hello from Alabama

Post by Still Life »

I can't help you with Brandy, but there are plenty who can.
Post your Brandy questions somewhere like here now that you've formally introduced yourself.

This Brandy game is starting to pique my interest as well.
Good luck Bama boy, and Welcome!

P.S: You might like this.
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

Welcome! Same boat as Still Life. However, I can provide the obligatory reminder to read through the beginner info, particularly all the links in Cranky's Spoon Feeding thread. Do your still cleanings (water, vinegar, sacrificial alcohol) before making any real product, and have fun while you be safe.
Bama boy
Novice

Post by Bama boy »

Thanks for taking time to help ! Any info is appreciated ! Been reading all I could as guest before I threw my hat in the ring ! What I'm reading is that a pot still is the best for fruit brandy ?? Am I correct in the direction ? Beer keg 15 gal wth short coloumn ? Any tried and true plans or info ? So much to read , been reading for a month ,as I said I don't want to have a redo on my coloumn ! :wink:
Bama boy
Novice

Post by Bama boy »

SCR ebay
A132822C-30CF-4D1D-AC85-45EBF01F2480.jpeg
A132822C-30CF-4D1D-AC85-45EBF01F2480.jpeg (12.32 KiB) Viewed 742 times
Attachments
50B86119-451A-4156-98C3-A8EB476F61E9.jpeg
50B86119-451A-4156-98C3-A8EB476F61E9.jpeg (10.31 KiB) Viewed 742 times
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, this is not the place for asking for help, but I have some background on making Brandy from wine. As a moderator it is important to ask questions in the appropriate area. Thus I will wait to respond :sarcasm:
Bama boy
Novice

Post by Bama boy »

The original post had been up since August! Thanks for pointing me in rite direction with your reply , will edit my post to adhear to your strict code,,thanks for info you gave me,, and all the other info members posted to my post ,can’t edit my post so remove it ; :clap: :wave:
Last edited by Bama boy on Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Sent you a PM.
Dantuss
Swill Maker

Post by Dantuss »

Welcome
My Build 2" CCVM
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 17&t=68341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
My still up and running 1st and 2nd runs Yahoo!
https://youtu.be/KYZUiHw79vY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow