Hey everyone

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

nameless
Novice

Hey everyone

Post by nameless »

Greetings all.

I've been interested in making moonshine since I was 12 (I'm 33 now) I made my own still with a tea kettle when I was 15 and ended up making a really bad rum that tasted like paint thinner and smelled like bubble gum. I got a still from hillbillystills.com for xmas last year. I've been playing around with it and have been having fun. So far I've gotten 170proof shine and used it to make some amazing apple pie. My still is just the 8 gallon milk can style, but I'm looking at getting a bigger one to make more at one time.
I found this place looking for ways to improve what I'm making and this is just fun for me.
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hey everyone

Post by Mikey-moo »

Welcome aboard!
Best place to start for newbies - click here - Courtesy of Cranky :-)

If you have used this site to save money by making your own top quality booze at home then please consider donating a couple of dollars to help keep this site running. Cheers!
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

Welcome!
Old Town
Swill Maker

Post by Old Town »

Welcome glad to have you, lots of grate people on here.. You're going too love all the knowledge and grate advice you'll get on here.. Have fun.
zapata
Distiller

Post by zapata »

Howdy. I actually like a little bit of that bubblegum ester in some rums! Forgive me if I'd pass on the paint thinner and a 15 yo making "cuts" with a tea kettle volume ;) but everybody started somewhere, and now you're here, welcome aboard.