New from Oklahoma

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

snojean01
Novice

New from Oklahoma

Post by snojean01 »

My husband and I are both new at this, just bought a 20 gal copper still from Georgia. I was just skimming through discussions and saw something about someone placing a spoon fed explanation of distilling corn whiskey, but I can't find the post again, or who wrote it. Any idea who posted it or where to find it?

Thanks,
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: New from Oklahoma

Post by bilgriss »

Read everything in this thread multiple times until it starts to come together. http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=52975

Then it's likely you'll have some (lots of) questions. Ask them in the appropriate forum. This is the welcome center. Welcome! Tell us a little more about your still, what you like, and where you'd like to go with it.
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

You're getting good advice already.
Welcome to the club!
snojean01
Novice

Post by snojean01 »

We bought a 20 gal Copper still with thumper and worm from the North Georgia Still Company. My husband said he made a little spirits 45 yrs ago and is wanting to try again. I want to help because I tried making wine and didn't do too well. I just didn't realize what an art there is to it, and of course trial and error. Gotta start doing some major reading. Looking forward to this adventure.
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

Welcome aboard!
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.