Hi

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

wow400
Novice

Hi

Post by wow400 »

Just a quick post to say hi & I look forward to be constructing and using my soon to be pot Still for some gins initially.

What a great site :thumbup:
Cheers,
Nic
50L keg boiler, 5Kw element, 3" SS CCVM 30" SPP, 3" sight glass, 3" tee. PC & RC is CSST. Takeoff - 3" 90°, 3"-1.5" reducer then 1.5" CSST PC.
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hi

Post by bilgriss »

Welcome!

There's lots of good information about pot stills, as well as gin in these parts. Do the required reading (and some more) before making commitments to hardware. If your main goal is gin, you need to start with a good neutral. A pot still isn't the easiest path to get there, but it's possible.
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

Lots of gin makers joining lately.
Guess I gotta do some research myself to join the fracas.
Welcome in, wow400!
wow400
Novice

Post by wow400 »

Ta guys - I guess gin is all the rage at the moment - the way my wife drinks it, it is :lolno:
50L keg boiler, 5Kw element, 3" SS CCVM 30" SPP, 3" sight glass, 3" tee. PC & RC is CSST. Takeoff - 3" 90°, 3"-1.5" reducer then 1.5" CSST PC.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

wow400 wrote:Ta guys - I guess gin is all the rage at the moment - the way my wife drinks it, it is :lolno:
LOL welcome in! i'm sure you will enjoy the place.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.