New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

nogoer
Novice

Post by nogoer »

Ok first before i introduce myself i have to complain about the anti bot measures in registration. I consider myself a semi-intelligent person but the dam "third number" thing is very confusing. It should be more like "third entry in list" or something. I tried adding 2 to the 3rd number that auto appeared in the box twice and the word "two" as the third number and then got locked out for too many attempts?? As a person who has worked as a programmer in the internet industry for 15 years i have never seen such complicated and over protective anti bot measures.

rant over, sorry if i offended anyone.

Now the welcome. Im an avid homebrewer for 10+ years who has been thinking about distilling for most of those years. It was posts i found on this forum while doing research that made me make the jump and order a setup from brewhaus. My first goal is to make the short leap from beer to scotch style whiskey and then onto other forms of spirits. I got the basic pot still in 8gal as well as the band heater and upgraded to the solar digital therm. Im excited and will heavily use the depth of knowledge on this site to help make my endeavors as successful as possible.
nuntius01
Rumrunner

Re: new member

Post by nuntius01 »

welcome, there is a ton of information here and lots of people willing to help you out.
I'm just the bank and the mule

post your still pics here
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=66917
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

I don't remember sign up troubles except the Donate button didn't work at first.
But glad you got it sorted.

There's a few scotch grain bills floating about here.
You can use the HD Google Search (at top of page) and type in scotch after the URL.

Glad you joined up. Welcome!
Jimy Dee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Jimy Dee »

very welcome
zapata
Distiller

Post by zapata »

Naw man, that damn thing had me straight stumped for like 2 or 3 drinks too! I was trying to write out equations and shit, about to phone a friend or poll the audience.

Well, at least it didn't weed you out, welcome aboard.
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

nogoer wrote:Ok first before i introduce myself i have to complain about the anti bot measures in registration. I consider myself a semi-intelligent person but the dam "third number" thing is very confusing. It should be more like "third entry in list" or something. I tried adding 2 to the 3rd number that auto appeared in the box twice and the word "two" as the third number and then got locked out for too many attempts?? As a person who has worked as a programmer in the internet industry for 15 years i have never seen such complicated and over protective anti bot measures.

rant over, sorry if i offended anyone.
Exactly what a bot would say!

Welcome aboard anyway.
Best place to start for newbies - click here - Courtesy of Cranky :-)

If you have used this site to save money by making your own top quality booze at home then please consider donating a couple of dollars to help keep this site running. Cheers!
nogoer
Novice

Post by nogoer »

zapata wrote:Naw man, that damn thing had me straight stumped for like 2 or 3 drinks too! I was trying to write out equations and shit, about to phone a friend or poll the audience.

Well, at least it didn't weed you out, welcome aboard.
LOL, thanks for the laugh :D