New Distiller enthusiast from MN

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

KurshyD
Novice

New Distiller enthusiast from MN

Post by KurshyD »

I witnessed my first moonshine run and mash creation at a family members farm last weekend. I will be inheriting some of his equipment sometime down the road. I would like to gain more knowledge about the craft and prepare myself to utilize the equipment. I have been enjoying his creations for years and really look forward to trying my hand at it. At this point, I am mostly interested in the individual ingredients in the mash and how they interact. Thank you for accepting me in the forum. Have a great day.
Antler24
Trainee

Re: New Distiller enthusiast from MN

Post by Antler24 »

Great to have ya! There's lots of things to learn here, head on over to the novice distillers section and read the thread "beginners guide to cuts". That'll be the biggest hurdly for a new distiller. Also let us know what you like to drink, that'll be the deciding factor in the type of still you should use.
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there
KurshyD
Novice

Re: New Distiller enthusiast from MN

Post by KurshyD »

Thanks. Will do. I have really enjoyed the all bran/white corn based whiskey and Tequila along with the apple pie he makes.