FNG From South Texas

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

JamesL73
Novice

FNG From South Texas

Post by JamesL73 »

Hello from SouthEast Texas. I am new to distilling though I have done a bit of fermenting “hootch”, if that counts for anything. I’ve also done my fair share of cooking other things that we’ll not discuss here. I have always been interested in sciences, chemistry, etc. Distilling likker has been an interest for some time now but finally going to try my hand at it. I’m actually not even an avid drinker but I love learning new things and don’t mind staying broke to do it. HAHA I have most everything I need to start already ordered from various places after doing much research. A lot of money was spent that definitely didn’t have to be but I love shiny new toys so it’s all good. I’m planning to start with a few simple sugar washes and go from there. Probably starting a bit big with a half bbl fermenter and 10g all copper pot, but figured better to buy bigger and run smaller batches than to have to spend more later to upgrade. Now just waiting for all my orders to arrive. I really don’t have many questions at this point, as said, I’ve researched quite a bit and think I have a decent grasp on the basics. Once all the equipment is set up in front of me, that will bring even more understanding to some of the knowledge I’ve read. I have no doubt that there is still a ton of things to learn but hopefully this will turn into a favorite among hobbies. I look forward to reading many posts here and gaining more knowledge. Many thanks to all who take the time to pass on their vast knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HDNB
Site Mod

Re: FNG From South Texas

Post by HDNB »

welcome in, hope you find what you need here.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.