Hi From Oz

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

dave from downunder
Novice

Hi From Oz

Post by dave from downunder »

Hi All
I am Dave
I have gotten into this hobby with my brother.
We are starting with a t500 boiler and a ambeotic pot as well as a super reflux still.
It seemed like an easy way to get started before building my own setup.
We have done a couple of ag ferments so far and have done the stripping run on the first.
It is a rye whiskey with malted barley and some cracked corn.
We have ended up with about 12 lt of strip (a double batch of 45 lt) and I am building my phase controller for the boiler before we do the spirit run.
The other is a heavily peated all grain barley whiskey . 8 kg of malted barley steeped at 70 deg for 3 hours then poured off and fermenting now.
The bubbles in the air lock have been running fast and furious for 3 days now, using Prestige distillers yeast.

I have been reading through the site and getting lots of useful info.
I am looking forward to making my own booze hopefully better than the store bought stuff .
Cheers
Dave
Tater
Admin

Re: Hi From Oz

Post by Tater »

Welcome to hd seems ya got started on right foot . Any questions ya come up with there should be a forum for it.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

G'day Dave welcome here. Sounds like ya got a head start on the brewing and feel free to post picture of ya set up, what state are ya from bud?
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
dave from downunder
Novice

Post by dave from downunder »

I am in sunny Qld..
Will posy some photos soon during the next run.