From AK

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

GrizzlyGremlin
Novice

From AK

Post by GrizzlyGremlin »

Hey All, Grizz here from the last frontier. I'm a long time lurker here and looking forward to connecting with a great crowd. I've been making wine for 6 years now and the time had come to produce something I could drink every day and be proud of. Don't get me wrong I've done a few batches of cider that made me a celebrity during thanksgiving dinner and new years parties, but the drive to distill never could be shaken by ferments only. Now I'm not a total rook, but close to it. This forum has given me all the information I could ever want. I built a keg still with the communities info. My rig is a pot still powered by propane. I like doing things traditionally, but not as far as something wood fired goes. I just finished my first run of Birdwatchers mash using dark brown sugar to give me a rum flavor. All I have to say is I'll be here for a long long time. Great result, I feel good about my cuts, and my rig performed great. Now to get on to true tradition and start the corn game. I'm a newb to using malts or enzymes so it should be fun! Thanks again for being a real deal crowd.
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: From AK

Post by Still Life »

All this talk of corn and enzymes leads to a Booner's recommendation.
But whatever you choose to tackle, I'm sure you've got the chops to pull it off.
I'd bet your still looks good, too.

Welcome.
nuntius01
Rumrunner

Re: From AK

Post by nuntius01 »

welcome.
I'm just the bank and the mule

post your still pics here
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=66917