Hi from Brazil

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

pifpaff
Novice

Hi from Brazil

Post by pifpaff »

Hi, I've been visiting Home Distiller forum for some years now. I even think I already registered once. My goal is to distill fuel ethanol and I am working on a still design for that. Since some parts of the design are new (at least unheard of by me) I have some questions to experienced distillers.
I also bought an Antonich 2.1 stainless steel still. It's a Russian company but the still is made in China. It lays on my table just in front of me, it's nicely built. I could hang it on the wall as well. I plan to make some moonshine. I come from the "homebrewing scene" (but I have no beard :ebiggrin: ) on the other hand I have a decent equipment to cook and ferment anything.

Thanks in advance Home Distiller forum.

Pifpaff
Bushman
Admin

Re: Hi from Brazil

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, did not find a second log on for you. Can you share pictures of your still?
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

Welcome.
Is it worthwhile to make fuel alcohol on a small scale?
I suppose in most countries the taxes on drinking alcohol are much higher than those on fuel alcohol.

Edit: Oh, and by the way: is there a Brazilian forum for distillers?
pifpaff
Novice

Post by pifpaff »

Bushman wrote:Welcome, did not find a second log on for you. Can you share pictures of your still?
I probably used another email address. Heres my still. Welding is beautiful.
Attachments
Antonich 2.1 by Distillarus
Antonich 2.1 by Distillarus
pifpaff
Novice

Post by pifpaff »

Kareltje wrote:Welcome.
Is it worthwhile to make fuel alcohol on a small scale?
I suppose in most countries the taxes on drinking alcohol are much higher than those on fuel alcohol.

Edit: Oh, and by the way: is there a Brazilian forum for distillers?

In Brazil there is no taxes on making fuel alcohol as soon as it is not sold. Also what you do in your small farm is basically your business. Same goes for cachaça, if you want to sell it in a wider scale you have to open a company and register it to state organs and pay taxes etc, so many people remain off the grid and sell to less than 10 regular customers (local bars, mainly).
There must be some Brazilian forums for distilling but not for ethanol. I don't know if some of these forums thrived to say the truth.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Welcome pifpaff! Don't mind K too much. He's just taken up to create some sort of registry of different distilling forums. You found the right one, for sure! Process of drinking and fuel alcohol will be closer to the same, depending on what you are drinking :ebiggrin: . You can use 96% in your engine or gut (diluted, of course), but for drinking you want to focus on quality, and fuel, quantity. Look around, you'll see :thumbup:

Welcome aboard.
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

Welcome.
nuntius01
Rumrunner

Post by nuntius01 »

welcome
I'm just the bank and the mule

post your still pics here
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=66917
Dantuss
Swill Maker

Post by Dantuss »

Welcome
My Build 2" CCVM
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 17&t=68341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
My still up and running 1st and 2nd runs Yahoo!
https://youtu.be/KYZUiHw79vY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
jpnmatoso
Novice

Post by jpnmatoso »

Seja bem vindo!

Enviado de meu SM-J700M usando Tapatalk
Trying to make vodka!
Brasil