Thanks for building this forum.. new to distilling..

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Queball69
Novice

Thanks for building this forum.. new to distilling..

Post by Queball69 »

Thanks for letting me join..
New to all of this, have built a still..
Pressure cooker conversion.. works well for the most part..
Mainly joined to see about some recipe's.. noticed i needed to post here, to introduce myself..
From ohio... 48 yrs old.. and hqve wanted to get into this hobby for many many years..
Not a big drinker, but.. like it once in a while.. its more of a hobby, than a habit.. lol
acfixer69
Global moderator

Re: Thanks for building this forum.. new to distilling..

Post by acfixer69 »

Queball69 wrote:Thanks for letting me join..
New to all of this, have built a still..
Pressure cooker conversion.. works well for the most part..

Mainly joined to see about some recipe's.. noticed i needed to post here, to introduce myself..
From ohio... 48 yrs old.. and hqve wanted to get into this hobby for many many years..
Not a big drinker, but.. like it once in a while.. its more of a hobby, than a habit.. lol
Not a very popular style still for reasons all over the forums Safety, but the recipe's in tried and true are there for you

AC
johnsparrow
Bootlegger

Post by johnsparrow »

Welcome in, seems a pretty cool place in my experience, and the experience is deep when you get to reading what the lads have to say.
Dantuss
Swill Maker

Post by Dantuss »

Welcome!
I just made my first birdwatchers sugar wash this week and watching it ferment... very easy to make mine started at a specific gravity of 1.082 and on day 4 is down to 1.022 = 7.6% abv! Super easy and good results for first time ever fermenting a wash.
My Build 2" CCVM
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 17&t=68341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
My still up and running 1st and 2nd runs Yahoo!
https://youtu.be/KYZUiHw79vY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

Check out our Tried & True Recipes.

Pressure cookers aren't designed for hot alcohol vapor. The lid gasket can leech chemicals into your drink.
Research wrapping that seal in Teflon tape and eliminating any other "rubber" parts.
Even better, get a proper still.

Just trying to keep this hobby safe for you.

Welcome!