Hello from NorCal

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

wrathskellar
Novice

Hello from NorCal

Post by wrathskellar »

For my intro, I figure it would be appropriate to start off by thanking all the members here who have posted their experience and knowledge here for me to absorb. I've spent weeks -- months, really, reading up on distillation theory, still design, recipes, the variety of problems and solutions you might encounter in the hobby ... I've especially enjoyed reading Paulinka's posts on his fruit brandies. That's where my interests are at the moment. I have one friend with an orchard and way too many apples, another friend with vast brewing experience, and another guy I know has a still he has no idea what to do with. My job then is to bring us all together so we can take a crack at making something interesting out of all those parts. These forums have been an absolute goldmine of information. So, thanks for that everyone.

- D
acfixer69
Global moderator

Re: Hello from NorCal

Post by acfixer69 »

Welcome to HD. You got some great stuff there. Post your questions i the proper forums and you will be golden. You do need to do the mandatory reading. When asking a question be detailed.

AC
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Great introduction, I love NorCal as we have a timeshare in the area. Hope you escaped the fires this fall.
nuntius01
Rumrunner

Post by nuntius01 »

welcome
I'm just the bank and the mule

post your still pics here
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=66917
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

Great intro.
This is indeed a good site and I learn something new here everyday whether I like it or not.
Good luck with your apples, and I'm glad you have a ready still.
Welcome.
wrathskellar
Novice

Post by wrathskellar »

Thanks everyone
Bushman wrote:Great introduction, I love NorCal as we have a timeshare in the area. Hope you escaped the fires this fall.
It was a close call. I woke up at 5:00 am on the Sunday morning of the fires to a house full of in-laws and their animals (six humans, three dogs, a cat and a parrot). They spent five days here until the evacuation was lifted. Luckily they only lost a couple outbuildings while the main house was unscathed. They'd built it using load-bearing straw bales with a thick stucco on the exterior made from natural clay mud, and a steel roof. The neighbor's house was a total loss. We have a lot to be thankful for this week.

- D
Dantuss
Swill Maker

Post by Dantuss »

Welcome!
My Build 2" CCVM
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 17&t=68341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
My still up and running 1st and 2nd runs Yahoo!
https://youtu.be/KYZUiHw79vY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
JellybeanCorncob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by JellybeanCorncob »

Hi Wrathskellar:
If apple brandy is your goal this is in my opinion the difinative post for apple brandy:
http://w.homedistiller.org/forum/viewto ... 58&t=68085
You May have already red this post but most here would say Cranky is the apple master. He gives great advice and seems like he’s always willing to help.
Welcome from another Northern Californian.
JBC
JBC