Greetings from the Swamp

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

pops3214
Novice

Greetings from the Swamp

Post by pops3214 »

Hey all,
I'm from the DMV area and have been dabbling in small distilling for a few years on and off around work. I just recently decided to get back into it with more gusto and have been just running simple sugar shine recipes to get back in the swing of things and learn the ins and outs of my new setup (my old one from college was not looking great when I dug it up). I'm running a 5gal pot still on an induction cooktop and things are starting to feel pretty smooth as far as organization/process. I still haven't made anything I'd drink yet but I think I'll be there within a few weeks depending on work. I'm now trying to learn the finer details/principles of distilling and look forward to learning what I can from y'all. Thanks in advance!
acfixer69
Global moderator

Re: Greetings from the Swamp

Post by acfixer69 »

Welcome to HD. Look around and enjoy your time here. Pay particular attention to the rules we live by and you will enjoy yourself even more.

AC
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

Come on in from the swamp and join the party.
Check out the Tried & True to insure a good drink if you're looking for a reliable recipe.
Welcome!
pops3214
Novice

Post by pops3214 »

Thanks, guys. I'll read up on the rules and am definitely eyeing some of the Tried and True recipes.
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

Welcome, Pops!

Try out the Uncle Jesse recipe in tried and true. Makes a tasty drop from an easy process.
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
nuntius01
Rumrunner

Post by nuntius01 »

welcome
I'm just the bank and the mule

post your still pics here
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=66917
Dantuss
Swill Maker

Post by Dantuss »

Welcome, I have made both Birdwatchers and Rads All Bran and both turned out great.
My Build 2" CCVM
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 17&t=68341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
My still up and running 1st and 2nd runs Yahoo!
https://youtu.be/KYZUiHw79vY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow