Newbie...Now with some more to tell

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Firestarter
Novice

Newbie...Now with some more to tell

Post by Firestarter »

Hi all

I am little over middle age :ewink: and live in the northern part of Europe where alcohol policy is like wathing childs.That is one reason why i am in that forum.Have readed that forum so many years and finaly decided to join member.

Just newbie ,but like allways,more experienced teach "juniors".Now i need advice.Because now i don't have place where to weld or machine any metal,can that ready rock machine do to work
https://www.ebay.com/itm/25L-Stainless- ... SwhlZZxbAY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
or are condenser too little for that still?Or is it better to forget that and do worm and connect that on large kettle?I know that it's cheaper to build with own hands but right now it's impossible.

Have a nice weekend all :D
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Newbie...Now with some more to tell

Post by bilgriss »

Welcome to the forum.
I'm a bit distrustful of most of the eBay stuff. Not at all familiar with the still in the link though. At the least, make sure none of those plastic parts and pieces are used during distillation, and that the boiler seal isn't something similar. You'll find a ton of really good advice in the forums regarding safety and synthetics, and I suggest you spend some significant time reading through them before firing up an unknown still. In particular, after reading through all the new distiller links, follow this thread completely, re-reading all the parts that don't make sense on the first pass. It's golden: http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=52975

Best of luck.