hi from europe

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

durty_dunderpants
Novice

hi from europe

Post by durty_dunderpants »

ahoy!

greetings to all. feels great to finally be a part of this community and able to get involved. can't say how often i've been researching on this site and wanting to get discuss things! first up, thanks to all for such a great resource. before i even pulled my first drop i was so comfortable in the process 'cause i just knew everything that might come at me and that's all thanks to you lot.

a little babble about me.. been stillin 'bout a year or so, but fermenting stuff way longer. part of the reason for finally getting started was looking at the second runnings of an imperial stout and wondering if it might make good whiskey. (the answer is yes :D ). the bonus part of this endeavour that i didn't see coming is that now i brew a lot more imperial ales.. :econfused:

my main drinks are rum and malt whiskey but much gin is drunk round these here parts so i've got to do something about that..
currently my main still is a 2" pot head that i use for strips and spirits. i intended to build as modular as possible but somehow i've already ended up with more vessels and heads than i'd care to admit! current project is sorting out a reflux column for that neutral, but if i'm honest i'm more excited to start playing with whiskey through it.
i'll put up some pictures elsewhere when i get them sorted.

cheers all!

dd
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: hi from europe

Post by fizzix »

Great intro, durty! Just joined last month myself and I think you'll find membership is a LOT better than lurking.
Interaction has its benefits. Welcome to Home Distiller!
durty_dunderpants
Novice

Post by durty_dunderpants »

cheers fizzix!
Danespirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Danespirit »

Greetings..!

Modular is the way to go..it allows you to build on or reuse different parts of the still for a new configuration.
I did build with tri-clamps from day 1..never looked back.
If you've been in here snooping around, you may have come by the spoonfeed thread..if not please have a look at it (link in my signature).

Have fun and stay safe.
nuntius01
Rumrunner

Post by nuntius01 »

welcome
I'm just the bank and the mule

post your still pics here
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=66917