GDay from down under

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

carpaidiem
Novice

GDay from down under

Post by carpaidiem »

It's not legal where I live to produce alcohol from a still. So I will only distill water YEA RIGHT! :lol: I have a copper top turbo 500 reflux "unit" Have made a few batches in an old unit not to good only had a very short condenser. I have made only one batch with the new one, produced 3.5 ltrs @ 94% Looking forward to picking some brains on the forum re all sorts.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: GDay from down under

Post by fizzix »

Welcome to the best H2O distilling site on the web, carpaidiem.
Great bunch of people here.
nuntius01
Rumrunner

Post by nuntius01 »

welcome
I'm just the bank and the mule

post your still pics here
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=66917
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Cordial welcome, don't toss the instructions you got with that still straight away, ya my run out of toilet paper :P . Unless something has changed that still comes with some deliberately bad tips on how to make krud and then spend money on fixing it, the still will make a fine product with the right methods. Do read all the required reading in the newbie section as it will rocket you ahead, here is a link to one of the most important skills that will not be in ya turbo instructions http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p6815752
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin