G'day from Down Under

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

G8keeper
Novice

G'day from Down Under

Post by G8keeper »

G'day all.

As you can tell I'm an Aussie. I've been frequenting this site for a few years now and still haven't got around to all the "Mandatory Reading" yet... but I will b4 I post anything stupid (at least I hope that's the case). :?

As far as distilling goes I consider myself to be a beginner even though I have been distilling for about 6yrs now. I started with an Artisan pot still and made a few rums which turned out not too bad (IMHO) and then decided I would get a reflux still and started doing TPW's. I graduated from there to Weetbix washes (not a huge ceremony was needed for that leap :wink: ). I've been pretty successful with everything I've made to date and have been extremely happy with the output of my little hobby so far.

I've never really experimented with too much else but am thinking it's time that I got a little more serious with what I'm doing and start challenging myself a bit more. I made my own beer, wine & mead for about 20yrs and loved the experimentational side of brewing and wine making so I think I'd like to do the same with distilling... hence the reason why I've finally bit the bullet and signed up as a member.

As I mentioned, I love experimenting and love sharing my successes with any who will appreciate them, so I look forward to finishing all of the required reading here on HD and then perhaps being able to make some worthwhile contributions.

Cheers
G8

Running a Copper Still Spirits Turbo 500
Last edited by G8keeper on Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thecroweater
retired

Re: G'day from Down Under

Post by thecroweater »

G'day G8 and welcome here, what state do ya hail from?
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
G8keeper
Novice

Post by G8keeper »

thecroweater wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:58 pm G'day G8 and welcome here, what state do ya hail from?
G'day mate! I'm located in the beautiful Fraser Coast region of Queensland. :thumbup:
God made yeast, as well as dough, and loves fermentation just as he loves vegetation. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Welcome.

If you take the inland route to Melbourne some time you will go past my place not far into Victoria.

Geoff
The Baker
G8keeper
Novice

Post by G8keeper »

The Baker wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:24 pm Welcome.

If you take the inland route to Melbourne some time you will go past my place not far into Victoria.

Geoff
Thx Geoff, I'll try and remember that. Don't usually head down that far these days.
God made yeast, as well as dough, and loves fermentation just as he loves vegetation. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

RC Al
Swill Maker

Post by RC Al »

Welcome dude

I'm prob not too far from you, drop me a pm, can swap info on supplies n stuff if your interested, always up for meet n greets - hard to find people whose eyes dont glaze over with this hobby lols
G8keeper
Novice

Post by G8keeper »

RC Al wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:44 pm
can swap info on supplies n stuff if your interested
Cheers RC Al, I might just take you up on that.

Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Welcome . thecroweater is a mate of mine . He won't steer you wrong . You are in a god place here .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
G8keeper
Novice

Post by G8keeper »

Thx for the heads up Truckinbutch… I know I'm in the best place on the planet to be edumacated in this awesome craft.