Hey There!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

jayareo
Novice

Hey There!

Post by jayareo »

I am new to the forum - duh, but not the processes used in distilling for the most part.

Ive been a homebrewer for 10 yrs or so, and have made some fantastic beers. Sitting at home too much now, with not enough to do has piqued my interest and gotten me into distilling. I will probably stick to the whiskeys, but might venture down the road to a brandy or such - and ooh, a tequila???

Who knows :-)

I am oirginally from MI, live in MA now.

I've procured a pot still (yeah, one-a-those-cheapos from China that I will likely outgrow quickly; as reference I went from a make-your own beer kit to an electric RIMS based system (DIY) rig in under 2 years.
acfixer69
Global moderator

Re: Hey There!

Post by acfixer69 »

Welcome to HD jayareo. Lot's of beer guy's coming aboard with the lock down. Brewers beer and distillers beer are similar but we are kind of dirty. Good luck and enjoy.
Corsaire
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Corsaire »

Hehe dirty. My brewer friend still has a dissaproving look when he comes into my stilling shed.
He loves the whisky though.

Welcome, if you could DIY your RIMS setup I'm sure you can make your own still. Take a look at the build threads here for some good ideas.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Welcome . I think you will do well here .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .