New Guy

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

NGlenn_Whiskey_Guy
Novice

New Guy

Post by NGlenn_Whiskey_Guy »

Hello!

I am new to distilling but it has always peaked my interest. I have a finished bourbon mash that I am waiting to distill this weekend. I love the science behind distillation and the production of alcohol. Im mainly a whiskey drinker, but I am ready to learn about all other types of spirits. I actually have a pseudo rum fermenting now with brown sugar as the base. Im looking to learn from everyone here that for sure has a lot more experience than me. I currently have a 15 gallon copper pot still with a 2-3 gallon thumper keg, but I am looking to potentially move to a stainless boiler that would allow me to run both a pot still type distillation, or a reflux distillation for other spirits.

Cheers!
rubber duck
retired

Re: New Guy

Post by rubber duck »

Welcome to the forums. Looks like your already on your way to making some booze.

There are lots of folks here that will help you here just ask.
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. John Steinbeck
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Welcome NGlenn
NGlenn_Whiskey_Guy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:52 pm I love the science behind distillation and the production of alcohol.
Don't get to engrossed in the science and forget the craft/ art side of this hobby.......its every bit as important.
Science and numbers wont tell you everything in this game.
WithOrWithoutU2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WithOrWithoutU2 »

Welcome. Enjoy the journey.