Greetings from kiwiland

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

kiwikenny1985
Novice

Greetings from kiwiland

Post by kiwikenny1985 »

Howdy
I’m a thirty something year old dude from the South Island of New Zealand, Temuka to be exact. Just a small sleepy town. We live in the best place in the world imo. Mountains, ocean and lakes within a short drive. I do enjoy a good hobby, I’ve recently got into smoking with a new Weber bbq. And have been doing all grain beer brewing for a while, I really enjoy that. Only thing is I find it fairly expensive, mainly the hops. Plus it does take quite a while to put down a brew. I recently “acquired” some copper pipe from a building site I was working on, so I built myself a condenser to go on my robo brew. I’ve run it with water and vinegar and it condenses down that easy. I have put down a tomatoe paste wash with kviek Voss yeast for my fist run. I’m keen on recipes for all grain whiskeys and the like
Teddysad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Greetings from kiwiland

Post by Teddysad »

Hi from. Fellow kiwi. Simplest way make your beer without hops and distill that into Whisk(e)y
You can lead a horse to drink, but you cant make it water!
You can lead a horticulture but can you teach a prototype?

Proverbs 31:6-7
tombombadil
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tombombadil »

Sounds like paradise! I love in the desert :( Your brewing skills will come in handy, welcome!
MartinCash
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MartinCash »

Welcome from across the Tasman!
4'' SS modular CCVM on gas-fired 50L keg.