Not really that new but haven't posted

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

ericoid
Novice

Not really that new but haven't posted

Post by ericoid » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:40 pm

So I've been stalking around here for a little bit now. I've made many mashes and washes. I creep in here when something I haven't encountered comes up. I have a 15 gallon keg still with a sight glass, copper head, and shotgun condenser. Soldered the fittings on my keg myself, and built and soldered my condenser myself. Everything else was ordered. I run a 5500 watt element with a schnapps stills controller. Currently I have pineapple wine in second fermenter, a 4th gen sour mash that I'm halfway through distilling (I do 45 gallons at a time), a 5 gallon leftover ferment from fruity pebbles (delish!), and a weird ferment from leftovers from an apple wine. I also have a hundred pounds of grain for a single malt that I plan on using for the still it colab.

Expat
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Not really that new but haven't posted

Post by Expat » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:49 pm

Greetings eriocoid, formally welcome to HD non lurking.

Sounds like your off and running, post up a pic of your build.

Have fun, play safe.

Current boiler and pot head viewtopic.php?f=50&t=71855
Cross flow condenser viewtopic.php?f=87&t=47632
Modular 3" Boka - pics tbd

StillerBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by StillerBoy » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:55 pm

Welcome to HD..

And congratulation for being able to overcome the encountered situation that did arise, like all of us, during the journey of learning and developing in the hobby's requirements..

And yes this forum has all the answers to any situation one can encounter.. the issue why most don't fine the answers in due to laziness in researching..

Enjoy the journey of the rabbit hole...

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my ideas "

– Albert Einstein

pstan
Novice

Post by pstan » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:53 am

Ericoid
Fruity pebbles cereal? Intrigued how was it after ferment? do you have any details?