Long time gone

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

BobsUrUncle-2
Novice

Long time gone

Post by BobsUrUncle-2 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:29 pm

Alright, been off the forum for a while. But due to the recent events I had some spare time. I tried a while ago (2 yrs or better) to do a high rye based on wild turkey rye +10% rye. It was way hot. I wasn't much a fan, but after two years I still had a quart of that hot crap. (Main reason it lasted was I never cut that particular jar...78%...). Well I recently did a run of all corn with enzymes and it was sweet but lacking when making cuts.
I had 7 quarts at 65-66% added the qt of leftovers and tempered to 50%... I must say, it is comparable to a decent shelf rye with a sweet front and lots of corn flavor.. I'm not convinced it's the cat's meow, but it is a smooth alternative with some spice after airing for 48hrs and jarring...
I think I'm gonna keep this in mind next time I get a deal on rye. Just make a strong run to hold back and flavor future runs.

kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Re: Long time gone

Post by kiwi Bruce » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:57 pm

30 days has September, April, June and November
all the rest have 31...except
Kiwi Bruce who got 7 to 10
with 3 years off for good behavior !

Were you "away" too ?
Welcome back BobsUrUncle-2 !
Getting hung up all day on smiles