Hello from Russia

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Brianovich
Novice

Hello from Russia

Post by Brianovich »

I am an American currently living in Russia. Outside of work and family I get a bit bored here as some of my main hobbies are difficult at best for a native let alone a foreigner to practice here, so I figured now is a great time for me to get involved in another hobby I had been dying to try, as home distilling is LEGAL here. I love me a good bourbon and am a proud promoter of the drink here as when most Russians order “whiskey” here it is Scotch. Many have never even had a glass of bourbon so it’s fun to do the taste tests with them and promote my favorite elixir.

Be nice on the noob. I have been reading and watching a ton, but some information, basic ingredients and equipment can be difficult to source here. The guys here use what they have and can get easily. Several home brew shops, but when I mention something I want from a book or a video I watched sometimes they have no clue what I am talking about or where to source etc...

Anyhow.... thanks for having me...

Brian
Demy
Master of Distillation

Re: Hello from Russia

Post by Demy »

Welcome Brianovich