FNG in NE Oklahoma

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

creekrat
Novice

FNG in NE Oklahoma

Post by creekrat »

Been a lurker for a bit and looking to take the next steps. Wife and I will be building a house for the next several months with myself being the GC. Thought about building a still and working up to running it in the evenings to take a break and destress from the construction. Mostly looking to distill whiskey and rum. Have been looking at the stainless keg still builds but will be doing a lot more reading and up for suggestions
Bushman
Admin

Re: FNG in NE Oklahoma

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, that sounds like a good starting place. One of the questions you have to ask in your decision is what do you like to drink. If it is mainly whiskey then an easy pot still but if you like a variety of alcohol then probably a reflux still might best fit your needs. Good luck with your research as it is half the fun of the hobby.
Demy
Master of Distillation

Post by Demy »

welcome creekrat!
v-child
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by v-child »

Comanche county myself. You'll get a heck of a lot more enjoyment out of this sport if you build your own still.