Cranberry Orange brandy

Production methods from starch to sugars.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Skid20
Site Donor
Site Donor

Cranberry Orange brandy

Post by Skid20 »

Thought Id try someting new with a cranberry orange run. Started with 10 lbs of cranberrys and 10 lbs of oranges, froze them both, removed peels from oranges and put in blender to pulp, also pulped cranberries added water and heated to 90 deg and into the fermentor. Inverted 25 lbs of suger and dumped that into fermenter. Now I have about 25 to 30 gal total. made a starter then pitched 230 grams of redstar and it took off pretty good. after 3-days I found a bag of oranges I forgot to freeze and just quarted them up, squeezed them and put them in the fermentor rinds and all (possible mistake there). Next day it the air lock quit bubbiling.

I adjusted the ph at the begining to 6 had a SG of 1.045. I checked the SG and it was at 1.004. The ph was a bit high so I adjusted to the 5/6 range and repitched, ran a day and stalled or finished. Seems to me that between the fruit and the suger the ABV shoud be higher than 5.40. fermenter temp is about 85. Any thoughts?
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Re: Cranberry Orange brandy

Post by kiwi Bruce »

You posted this earlier this year, did it finish ? How does it taste ? The name alone sounds fantastic !
Getting hung up all day on smiles
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

bump
wha happened????
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

1.004 I'd believe was done, could've gotten lower but not much for the effort needed.

It does sound right good though, I'd like to know how it turned out as well.

WEEEELLLLLLL. LOL