Help with recipes

Production methods from starch to sugars.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Fishy60
Novice

Help with recipes

Post by Fishy60 »

So mashing and fermenting is not a big strong suit of mine. I've tried some simple recipes off line and never like what I get. So I was wondering if anyone had some fairly simple corn liquor recipes for a big batch (around 10-15 gal.) I could use. And also I have a ton of peaches stacked up and was wondering about a peach brandy recipe. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Tater
Admin

Re: Help with recipes

Post by Tater »

some recipes in tried and true
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
OtisT
Master of Distillation

Post by OtisT »

Fishy60 wrote:So mashing and fermenting is not a big strong suit of mine. I've tried some simple recipes off line and never like what I get. So I was wondering if anyone had some fairly simple corn liquor recipes for a big batch (around 10-15 gal.) I could use. And also I have a ton of peaches stacked up and was wondering about a peach brandy recipe. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Hi Fishy. The Tried and True recipe section is filled with solid recipes you should check out.

In addition, I find the Honey Bear Bourbon recipe quite simple to mash and ferment (and delicious too). No boiling the grains, no PH checking, no tending the ferment once it's started. just get the correct ingredients, ** mix things at the correct temps **, and have a good way to insulate your ferment while it's active.
Otis’ Pot and Thumper, Dimroth Condenser: Pot-n-Thumper/Dimroth
Learning to Toast: Toasting Wood
Polishing Spirits with Fruitwood: Fruitwood
Badmotivator’s Barrels: Badmo Barrels
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

Echoing Tried & True Recipes.
Fishy, if this was tough I'd be stumbling through here without any success. Genius, I am not.
Instead, I've yet to have an utter failure.

Get your feet wet with Birdwatcher's.
Or Odin's Cornflake Whiskey (in my signature line below).
These are not chump recipes. They are easy and produce terrific drinks.
They are also easy to troubleshoot should you encounter a glitch.