Liquid enzymes

Production methods from starch to sugars.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bavis54
Swill Maker

Liquid enzymes

Post by Bavis54 »

Hello friends- Thanks to everyone who’s keeping my son in they’re prayers it’s been long time since I been on here, n I wanna continue to ask for everyone’s prayers, I have a little more free time now so I wanna do some more ag ferments this year- my question is this- is there a set protocol for using liquid enzymes? I’ve read several threads on how certain ppl used them with success. I’ve read several experiments where they compared to usual malt mashing. I jus wondered if there are a set standard of temps or a guideline protocol to go by when using them. I ordered sebstar liquid alpha amylase, and I just wondered if there was a set standard I could go by using it. I’ve used powder alpha before, and I’ve done it the normal way- where u cook the crap outta corn at 185-190- stir til ur arms fall off, let it cool til 148 then add malts, stir , stir, n stir some more. And the bourbon, white dog, and everything I made last year that was all grain turned out excellent. It truly turned out to be a superior product. Once I learned how to make good cuts by taste n smell, the product made truly is better than product made using bags n bags of sugar. What I’m wanting is an easier or more efficient way of converting starch to dextrins, and I wanna try the liquid enzymes. Any help here will be appreciated
semper fi
Bavis54
Swill Maker

Re: Liquid enzymes

Post by Bavis54 »

I made a typo above- the liquid enzymes I have ordered are sebstar alpha and sebstar gluco- amylase. My main question is at what temps do I add each one and at what step
semper fi
frunobulax
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by frunobulax »

HERE is a set of instructions.
rgreen2002
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by rgreen2002 »

Also, punkin's will show you how an all grain with liquid enzymes is done.
HD Glossary - Open this
A little spoon feeding *For New & Novice Distillers - start here
BEST WAY TO GET ANSWERS FROM HOME DISTILLER
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
Samyguy
Bootlegger

Post by Samyguy »

Hi; I did my first ever mash, a ground corn mash, in a double boiler still.
Followed the instructions to the letter, that (frunobulax) posted above, worked perfect.
Bavis54
Swill Maker

Post by Bavis54 »

Thank you friends, The enzyimash page is exactly what I was looking for- thank you-
semper fi