Fig Raki Wash Exploded :)

Production methods from starch to sugars.

Moderator: Site Moderator

artooks
Trainee

Fig Raki Wash Exploded :)

Post by artooks »

Hi Everyone,

I was getting ready preparing my fig wash and eventually it was going to be documented with pictures and the recipe itself to be uploded in the recipes section here, but I made a mistake and I got a bomp instead of Raki, the problem is I did not leave enough head space so eventually this created pressure and my top air lock went off hit the cover of the freezer smashed it down and it broke :) on top of that there was fi everywhere on the floor in the ceiling :), so just wanted to share my experience never ever underestimate the power of the yeasties :) Always leave enough headspace when doing fruit washes :) Here some pictures from the incident Anyway I managed to save the rest so it is fermenting quite ok now
Attachments
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Fig Raki Wash Exploded :)

Post by fizzix »

I think I was lucky on more than 1 occasion this never happened to me before I made a post-it note reminder: LEAVE HEADROOM
Sorry for the mess Artooks.
artooks
Trainee

Post by artooks »

raketemensch wrote:Herk! That must smell awesome, though.
That is correct, it smells awesome, so cleaning was a mess but at least the smell was great gave me some energy :)
seamusm53
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by seamusm53 »

My first ever brew attempt was 40 years ago in college. I sealed up some grape juice with yeast in a container in my dorm room closet. KABLOOEY! ALL my dang clothes reeked - but I was a popular guy for a while.