My first run

Many like to post about a first successful ferment (or first all grain mash), or first still built/bought or first good run of the still. Tell us about all of these great times here.
Pics are VERY welcome, we drool over pretty copper 8)

Moderator: Site Moderator

shiner153
Novice

My first run

Post by shiner153 »

It was going alright had alittle moonshine coming out of my worm, but it wasn't coming out as fast as i hoped. My buddies and i cooked the mash for about 3 hrs, and produced very little alcohol. By the time it was getting close to finishing my buddy accidently nocked the jar off the table and onto the floor. It was an interesting experience to say the least.
FossZ
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: My first run

Post by FossZ »

Got a pic of your set up?
Revolutions are born in coffee shops and taverns. Dont ever write off the next crazy thing you hear.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

I'll go out on a limb and say you need to throw more heat into the boiler... And I'll go even further out on that limb and say that if you do the proper amount of research you'll discover that I'm right, as well as why... Don't run again until you've learned the WHY as well as everything else you don't know yet... This isn't a hobby to rush into blindly... :eugeek:

Oh, and the next time you do fire up the still, tie your buddy to a chair in the corner, a safe distance away from the stilling area... :problem:
FossZ
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FossZ »

rad14701 wrote:I'll go out on a limb and say you need to throw more heat into the boiler... And I'll go even further out on that limb and say that if you do the proper amount of research you'll discover that I'm right, as well as why... Don't run again until you've learned the WHY as well as everything else you don't know yet... This isn't a hobby to rush into blindly... :eugeek:

Oh, and the next time you do fire up the still, tie your buddy to a chair in the corner, a safe distance away from the stilling area... :problem:

^^^^^^^^^^listen to this man, he's smart.
Revolutions are born in coffee shops and taverns. Dont ever write off the next crazy thing you hear.
shiner153
Novice

Post by shiner153 »

Alright ill look up some stuff, then ill give it another run in a week or so.