First ag.... well see

Many like to post about a first successful ferment (or first all grain mash), or first still built/bought or first good run of the still. Tell us about all of these great times here.
Pics are VERY welcome, we drool over pretty copper 8)

Moderator: Site Moderator

Mgnt
Novice

First ag.... well see

Post by Mgnt »

Just got done with my first ag... I use 8.5 lbs of whole corn ground myself once and 4 lbs red wheat also ground once... so I let the corn soak over night in four gallons of water over night then put my BAP in the oven start out at 225 but raised it to 350 for four hours then drop it to 300 for another 4.....I add 10 big clam shells to the pot too...and 6 over 50 multivitamins( they had more calcium) then I add 1.5 teaspoons BSN amylase at about 140 F then my wheat malt then gylcomase don't know then temp.... also add .75 gallons on back sets form some cornflake whiskey... I wanted to add more but that's all the fit in my 6 gallon fermenter... I didn't realize much much grain would be in the fermenter... took up much of the room....it was such a viscous mass I could really get a good sg I think it was 1.06 but could 1.03 to much corn and wheat lol.... I pitch flieshmans bread yeast at 100 F...so now we wait I'm figureing about a month for it to finish... that how long my cornflake whiskey would take... it's a little cold where I keep my fermenter..... so how did I do