My Rig and 1 question

Many like to post about a first successful ferment (or first all grain mash), or first still built/bought or first good run of the still. Tell us about all of these great times here.
Pics are VERY welcome, we drool over pretty copper 8)

Moderator: Site Moderator

artooks
Trainee

My Rig and 1 question

Post by artooks »

Hi,

This is my rig, I purchased it here in Turkey from a guy who builds these, he claimed this can be used both pot still and reflux, but there is not reflux jacket only column and packing so I guess this is half
reflux yesterday they mentioned it in the forum, these are 2" tube so I want to buy an reflux jacket for this rig, which one can you recommend me ? please give me links but it has to be 2" tube with a ferrule to clamp it down with a triclamp.

Thanks
Attachments
Boiler Lid
Boiler Lid
Electronic Power Supply and thermostatic control
Electronic Power Supply and thermostatic control
Boiler
Boiler
Side View
Side View
Thermowell
Thermowell
My Rig
My Rig
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Re: My Rig and 1 question

Post by StillerBoy »

Re: My first Distillation Need Urgent Help
Unread postby artooks » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:02 pm

Well they are made by a person here, the rig is good but insturctions are not supplied at a great extend

Artooks.. why are asking questions about your rig, when it has already been pointed out to you what was thought of the rig in your other post.. :problem:

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein
artooks
Trainee

Post by artooks »

Hi, I am showing detailed pictures of my rig and trying to find where I can buy a reflux
Jacket, what is wrong with that, I did not have detailed pictures in my other post.
But the thing is whenever I ask a question as a new starter, I am receiving a different reaction
I do not know certain things and really appreciate the help.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

you can simply wrap a 1/4" coppertube around the pipe and stuff the column with pure copper scrubbies. won't be super efficient but i have a rig set up like that on a 2" copper pipe and it will get to 90% if you try hard. i think i used about 10' in total. (about 3 Metres)

if you buy a short extension spool for the top, you could put a reflux coil in that and make it into a CCVM system. look for dad300 posts for links to instruction for that type of build.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Badmotivator
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Badmotivator »

artooks wrote: I want to buy an reflux jacket for this rig
Because your column has Trip-Clamp fittings, finding a reflux condenser to buy will be easy and relatively inexpensive.

Search terms:
  • 2" or 2-inch or 50 mm
  • triclamp or tri-clamp or tri clamp or tri-clamp-compatible
  • reflux condenser or dephlegmator
Example: https://www.stilldragon.eu/en/condenser ... mator.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Hope that helps.
artooks
Trainee

Post by artooks »

Thank you very much HDNB and Badmotivator, it helps.
kimbodious
Distiller

Post by kimbodious »

HDNB wrote: if you buy a short extension spool for the top, you could put a reflux coil in that and make it into a CCVM system. look for dad300 posts for links to instruction for that type of build.
+1, a very cheap upgrade :thumbup:
--
50L Beer keg boiler, 2200W element
Modular 2" Pot Still
opinions are free and everybody has them, experience costs you time