Running my first run....

Many like to post about a first successful ferment (or first all grain mash), or first still built/bought or first good run of the still. Tell us about all of these great times here.
Pics are VERY welcome, we drool over pretty copper 8)

Moderator: Site Moderator

Spritshere
Novice

Running my first run....

Post by Spritshere »

I want to give a big thank you to everyone here for freely giving all this wonderful info. Without it I would not be able learn this great art. Running my first sugar wash and run through my still. Yes I did a cleaning run with water viniger and a sac run. This is my first booze run....
Shine0n
Distiller

Re: Running my first run....

Post by Shine0n »

well come on man give us some info! :lol:
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

yeah, what ya got cooking?
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

Yeah an' what you cookin' it in ?
How's it taste ?
What you doin' next ? :D :D :D :D
Spritshere
Novice

Post by Spritshere »

I am just running a 13 gallon pot still. I was running just a straight sugar wash. This was a stripping run just for me to get more comfortable with running the still. It started out at 160 proof and I stopped it around 70 proof. As for taste I don't know....lol I don't care for neutral sprits. My wife said that some of the hearts that I pulled tasted ok. When I started it had a smell of yeast but as it continued the smell went away. I plan to make some birdwatchers and I am also going to make some UJSSM. Hoping these turn out nicely. My wife wants some neutrals so she can make some mixes for herself....
miket
Novice

Post by miket »

Happy day, That first run is a real pride and joy.

I just ran my 4th, the wife's rum. 162 proof. She turned the fermenter into a new batch with a recharge of brown sugar and whatnot.
So we have 2 fermentors for fuel, 3 whiskeys,1 rum ,3 wine, and want to try tequila, have a spare 6.5 gallon for that.

Sure is fun , the wife like to brew and blend and I do all the distilling. I do have 4 fermenters just for me though.