my first 3" bokakob with homemade element holder

Many like to post about a first successful ferment (or first all grain mash), or first still built/bought or first good run of the still. Tell us about all of these great times here.
Pics are VERY welcome, we drool over pretty copper 8)

Moderator: Site Moderator

markieb
Site Donor
Site Donor

my first 3" bokakob with homemade element holder

Post by markieb »

heres the latest ive got to so far in my 3" bokakob creation done the keg hole the element housing the liebig the slant plates 2 double helix condensers the take off.its not a compleated effort just yet needs some tidying plates cut to size will be reduced once my other 3" ferrule turns up a good clean up the element needs to be attached via 4x stainless bolts threaded inside out with cork and ptfe/teflon gasket washers and stainless washers for added security and tightness.a proper fitting from liebig to the gate valve its kinda rested on there at the moment with a 22mm-15mm reducer and a 90 degree elbow a 2" ptfe/teflon gasket but almost there i will be filing stuff down tomorrow unfortunately theres 2 kids 1 here and 1 next door and they will both wake up with sanding/dremel/filing :silent:
il be doing a sugar ferment hopefully starting tomorrow a very basic one for a sac run il use water and do a vinegar run too.

1 question i do have is... is a thermometer needed for a bokakob some have said its a must between the upper and lower plates others have said no its not what do you guys think?
Attachments
pickled gate valve
pickled gate valve
take off pipe solder
take off pipe solder
column slant plates
column slant plates
flared soldered 3" pipe
flared soldered 3" pipe
element
element
element