Sourcing sweet feed

Many like to post about a first successful ferment (or first all grain mash), or first still built/bought or first good run of the still. Tell us about all of these great times here.
Pics are VERY welcome, we drool over pretty copper 8)

Moderator: Site Moderator

rollmeown
Bootlegger

Sourcing sweet feed

Post by rollmeown »

So I go to order sweet feed from the local tractor supply store and they tell me that Prairie Pride is no longer making the All Grain Sweet Feed. Is anybody else finding this to be true? Is there a alternative that can be used I really enjoyed this All Grain Sweet Feed. Was going to make my own but can't find barley I have found rolled oats and cracked corn but no barley. Or can I really Source molasses closest I've come to is the Deer Lick 82 brixs molasses that you find at Dick's and after the last encounter with copper sulfate I've kind of shied away.

Thanks.
Blarney Stoned
Swill Maker

Re: Sourcing sweet feed

Post by Blarney Stoned »

SouthernStates Triple Crown 14% Performance Textured Horse feed..

Call and ask ours carries it.

BS.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Re: Sourcing sweet feed

Post by Truckinbutch »

The problem with all these bulk feed suppliers is that they are driven by economics instead of catering to us stillers .
They guarantee their protein analysis , not the grain proportions .
Best that you can do is develop your own sweet feed mix from available whole grains and molassas or brown sugar .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .