Your carboy is trying to kill you!

This hobby is fun & enjoyable, but it is not tiddlywinks. Be safe!

Moderator: Site Moderator

MichiganCornhusker
retired

Re: Your carboy is trying to kill you!

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

bellybuster wrote:Put your carboys in milk crates, no more worries.
I swear, only duct tape beats milk crates for usefulness and versatility! I do actually like the milk crate idea.
My aunt almost lost her finger moving a bowl of mashed potatoes from the table to the counter when she bumped the bowl against the edge of the countertop.
I hate using glass carboys anymore, plastic carboys for racked ferments, 1 quart mason jars for low wines an spirits. No way I would trust myself anymore with 60 pounds of glass encased hooch.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

ah, ok got yous now, it;s more the temperature than anything else that is the enemy when it comes to the finished product, makes sense I suppose that all laws of physics apply in stilling , not only the ones you remember :)
Don't be a dick
srs787
Bootlegger

Post by srs787 »

Of course a glass carboy is more dangerous than your plastic bucket, it must be treated with respect, and the rewards on using glass are far greater than using plastic. Sanitation is a very important part of having a good ferment to still. Using chlorine bleach is very good, and I will add cheap, to use. But one can not use chlorine on plastic buckets or a SS fermenter. Plus you can see if your vessel is clean if using glass. srs