Well 1 thing that I have not seen on the forums yet, (Maybe I overlooked it?) But if i remember right, the chemical makeup of Alcohol running through copper does have the tendency to produce a very small charge of electricity. While not at all life threatening if you get shocked (It is really like a static shock from a carpet). With the vapors that MAY be produced from distilling, does call for serious concern in my part. So In my Nervous Nelly concern, I would say that for safety sake you should run a ground wire for your copper still pats just to make your experience a safe 1.