Careful What You Buy

This hobby is fun & enjoyable, but it is not tiddlywinks. Be safe!

Moderator: Site Moderator

muddog
Bootlegger

Careful What You Buy

Post by muddog »

Needed some copper scrubies to put in the bottom of my parrot, so I wouldn't break my alcometer, if (when) I was careless and dropped it.
Stopped by the dollar store and got some magical copper scrubies.
I 've heard the Chinese are the only ones that know how to give copper this magical ability.
I never seen any such thing in my life. I held a 100 pennies to a magnet 1 at a time and could not one would stick to it.
Lo and behold these chinese copper scubies will stick to a magnet .
The reason I did this was I was talkin to a fella and he said his scubies were turnin black. That ain't right. So it got me to thinkin.
Okay, now to be serious, first off I have to ask how this is allowed to happen? The Chinese send up all kinds of crap ,you really can't be sure what it is.
All I 'm sayin is be careful what you buy and where it came from.
If you can, test it whatever way you can. I used a simple magnet to gain valuable information.
As you can see here.
Attachments
DSC00172.JPG
DSC00171.JPG
Simple pot still for simple likker
Moonshine and oysters, the breakfast of champions
"Don't turn on the lights cause I don't wanna see. Mama told me not to come" Randy Newman
thecroweater
retired

Re: Careful What You Buy

Post by thecroweater »

yep well they must have some cruizey quality controls over yonder, seen stainless from the same general place rust faster than pig iron. Don't know about you fella's but I miss the days we still made stuff and were accountable for it , jus sayin
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
SoMo
Distiller

Re: Careful What You Buy

Post by SoMo »

Scotch brite stainless scrubbies are pure but not copper.
Everything's better home made, everything!!
15.5 keg 7.75keg 2"pot still, Gold CM
Never look down on a man unless it's to help him up.