Will it send me blind ?

This hobby is fun & enjoyable, but it is not tiddlywinks. Be safe!

Moderator: Site Moderator

Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Will it send me blind ?

Post by Pikey »

thecroweater wrote:distilling that wine would not have been dangerous but may have had an increased faints and fore shot cut. Don't pre-cook fruit as it will then taste like stewed fruit which is just weird in brandy and not especially pleasant.
Last autumn I did pre cook some plums and made I think 4 runs, 3 of which were not pre-cooked. Those were the only fruit washes I have done that way and the one with the most flavour was definitely the cooked one. The flavour though was very similar to the others, just more of it.

As I said, that was the only fruit wash I have done as yet, where I have cooked some - and I was advised on another thread, not to do that with apples.
thecroweater
retired

Re: Will it send me blind ?

Post by thecroweater »

Plums OK well I have also tasted plums done so side by side. What happened was I and another guy used the same wild plums, I added some sugar and he didn't so he almost no yield so he refermented the marc and back set with some sugar. My opinion is the result was a flavour that was strong enough but a weird stewed fruit flavour and not something I would care to emulate.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin