The first picture is a little hard to tell. THe link you posted. It looks like some type of white mold, with yeast , perhaps brett.. I hope it tasted good, cause it looks awful.
The second picture looks like lacto but could also be a brett pellicle.
This is a great site to check out looking at weird things.http://www.milkthefunk.com/wiki/Pellicle
I could be totally wrong. I don't brew often with yogurt, and you could be playing with some lacto strains I'm unaware of it seems they do also form pellicles though I avoid that in my stir plate lacto grows. I will tell you that the vomit smell can be avoided, if you blanket the top of your wash with a bed of CO2 after you pitch before the organisms take hold. You are smelling clostridium botulinum and the bi products it makes when in the presence of oxygen. It can also harm you if you do not wait until you have a pH drop below 4, or an ABV above 2%, before you go tasting your wash. Alcohol products are food safe, but not at the beginning of fermentation.
Lacto will generate acid in a relatively short period of time. You can see a pH drop from 5.5 to 3.9 in 24 - 36 hours. Brett will create acetic acid in the presence of oxygen but it can take months. Acetobacter .. the bacteria responsible for vinegar can also work very quickly but the primary acid is acetic acid instead of lactic acid and it works relatively quickly, and also requires the presence of oxygen. Relatively quick might be a few weeks , to a few months.. not a few days. Fruit flies are known to carry acetobacter.
I might suggest that you get out a pH meter, and run a few small trials in some small buckets. If you keep the container oxygen free, that will retard the growth of clostridium , and you see a fast and remarkable pH drop in a day or two, at temps I prefer to hold around 120 degrees F.. then you are talking lacto.... It will smell like... gym socks.. or wet feet... depending on the strain.. pickles... You can develop that acidity in a few months after primary fermentation with lacto, but it should not form a pellicle. Once again.. I could be wrong.
If you are picking up buttered popcorn, you have a wild non brewing yeast infection, or a bacterial infection.. not brett... the chemical is diacetyl. Can be caused by dozens of things, but is exceptionally prominent in infected wort. Pediococcus bacteria while making acid, also produce diacetyl, and "brett" given months of time, will clean that up and make the wash palatable again.
If you are getting notes of pears, cherries, dry fruit, and hints of acid.. you probably have a wild brett strain that is functional and potentially tasty... feed it, make tasty things with it.
Brett is also known to create cheese, horse blanket, phenolic, medicinal, earthy notes depending on the strain. As a wild strain all the balls are in the air.
One last note. After re reading your posts you mention other distilleries that give you the taste notes you describe. "Brett" lives in wood, wooden vessels, and is particularly hard to kill. It can survive so well, because it breaks down cellulose and can convert that to sugar unlike other saccharomyces strains. Many of the places you described probably use wooden washbacks as fermentation vessels. The would naturally carry some hint of brett fermentation and may even be present as part of their house yeast culture.