Re: Rule #6

This forum is used by 1000's of people from dozens of countries. Please observe the rules, we all want to get along and contribute in a graceful manner.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Tokoroa_Shiner
Distiller

Post by Tokoroa_Shiner »

With me living in New Zealand what I am about to say does not really apply to me. But I see a lot of posts and arguments between some newbie posters, some that have been here longer and some of the veteran posters, about the legality of certain things.

For example. People stating that "marijuana is legal in my state, so why can't I talk about it." Then the rest of the thread turns into an argument about state law vs federal law.

I think maybe some clarification of the rule is needed for the new comers and also to eliminate some confusion there may be with the current members.

I am assuming that they are referring to state law as to keep everything as equal as possible for everyone in this forum.

Can one or more of the mods, or even better, Uncle Jesse or Tater, please clear this up for everyone already here and others that come here in the future.
Must read topics for new members

The Rules By Which We Live By
Safety And Related Issues
New Distillers Reading Lounge

Have Fun, Keep Safe and Shine On
Prairiepiss
retired

Re: Re: Rule #6

Post by Prairiepiss »

6. No discussions of any illegal activity, except the actual hobby level distillation process. These forums are only for discussing the creation and enjoyment of high quality spirits for one's own personal consumption. They are not for the discussion or promotion of any other illegal activities, including illegal drugs, obtaining stilling materials by illegal means, etc. Offenders may be banned.
I would think its pretty clear? But here is another way to look at it.

I may be legal in one place. But it is not in another. This means its still illegal somewhere. So it couldn't be discussed by all. So it shouldn't be discussed at all. And shouldn't be brought up. Since we are suppose to be talking about distilling anyway.

It's called common courtesy. Everyone here in the states knows that marijuana is still considered illegal in most all states. And at federal level. And this is not the place to discuss semantics. That fight is for another forum. The ones arguing are just not being courteous or respectful to the forum and its rules.

But I'm not a forum management. This is just my opinion. And you know what they say about opinions.
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
googe
retired

Post by googe »

I see your point tokoroa, but pp said it well, we are a distilling forum and we have to please everyone that's hear for that reason and having added ammunition for authorities by allowing other illegal activities would not be smart for us. There are many forums for just about any activity you could think of, I suggest if people want to discuss it they should go to them. Just my opinio.
Here's to alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.
"Homer J Simpson"
InglisHill
Rumrunner

Post by InglisHill »

Lol, too much time on your hands Shiner :)

Go make some booze already, your wash just finished fermenting :)
Tokoroa_Shiner
Distiller

Post by Tokoroa_Shiner »

I agree googe. I come here to learn more about distillation. Not read post after post arguing about other activities legality. I've seen this discussed in many threads as they have been side tracked of the original topic. I just felt that it needed to be put into its own thread, to clear it up for everyone.

I also agree with you InglisHill. Way too much time. Have had the last two days off work sick. My sac wash should be clearing now, and my cornflakes wash is still going.

Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

+1 on everything that was said above. Lots of shinin busts you hear of deal with rule number 6 and the the intent of police coming in your house is rule number 6 and they find shine as a +1. Rule number 6 is designed to keep you safe and on topic. This is my opinion and not influenced by HD or anyone at HD if I am off.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

This being a home distillation site, there is no reason to talk about any other illegal activity because this is the only one we are attempting to decriminalize here... Whether any of us partake in any other illegal activities or not, those discussions don't belong here... We even discourage the discussion of illegally procured beer kegs so that should be an indicator that we like to portray ourselves as law abiding citizens with just one exception - hobby scale home distillation for personal consumption... That being said, Rule #6 is fine just the way it is written...
Last edited by rad14701 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

All well said, I like the thread however because maybe a member today that reads it will avoid straying in the future. Makes our job that much easier! :clap:
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

This is a distilling forum rule 6 stands as is .Take other subjects to their proper forums. :D
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
SoMo
Distiller

Post by SoMo »

This is uncle jesses house his open door, wipe your feet and show some respect. Bottom line. He even has a thread about it we shouldn't have to repeat this over and over. What you do behind closed doors is your business, leave it there.
Everything's better home made, everything!!
15.5 keg 7.75keg 2"pot still, Gold CM
Never look down on a man unless it's to help him up.
OlympicMtDoo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by OlympicMtDoo »

And a hearty well said to all. :shh:
Sometimes I wonder why is that Frisbee getting bigger......and then it hits me.
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

rad14701 wrote:This being a home distillation site, there is no reason to talk about any other illegal activity because this is the only one we are attempting to decriminalize here... Whether any of us partake in any other illegal activities or not, those discussions don't belong here... We even discourage the discussion of illegally procured beer kegs so that should be an indicator that we like to portray ourselves as law abiding citizens with just one exception - hobby scale home distillation for personal consumption... That being said, Rule #6 is fine just the way it is written...
+1
arslan1
Novice

Post by arslan1 »

1 on everything that was said above. Lots of shinin busts you hear of deal with rule number 6 and the the intent of police coming in your house is rule number 6 and they find shine as a +1. Rule number 6 is designed to keep you safe and on topic. This is my opinion and not influenced by HD or anyone at HD if I am off
Shine NOLA
Bootlegger

Post by Shine NOLA »

Prairiepiss wrote:
6. No discussions of any illegal activity .
What a shame that any here would advocate the prohibition of any activity
and deny others their basic right to freedom of speech.
when marijuana is legal ,
we will still be outlaws
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-med ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
"Under a provision in the spending bill passed by Congress over the weekend, states where medical marijuana is legal would no longer need to worry about federal drug agents raiding retail operations. Agents would be prohibited from doing so."
:yawn:
for everything bad, whiskey; for everything good, the same
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Shine NOLA wrote:
Prairiepiss wrote:
we will still be outlaws
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-med ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
"Under a provision in the spending bill passed by Congress over the weekend, states where medical marijuana is legal would no longer need to worry about federal drug agents raiding retail operations. Agents would be prohibited from doing so."
Don't get started... That's not our battle and there are better places to discuss such things than here...
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Pretty simple. If you don't like the rules of the house do not visit it.
Nobody here is advocating the prohibition of anything, let alone free speech.
But if you are a guest in someone's house and they ask you to step outside to smoke a cig or to please not discuss certain topics while visiting then you honor it or tell your wife you won't go to dinner at their house anymore.

I have nothing against pot or those that enjoy it. Voted to legalize it. But I will enforce rule #6 as expected to as a mod.
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by moosemilk »

Respect the house. Easy enough
Attachments
facebook-20141223-161115.png
facebook-20141223-161115.png (102.5 KiB) Viewed 16780 times
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

woodshed wrote:Pretty simple. If you don't like the rules of the house do not visit it.
Nobody here is advocating the prohibition of anything, let alone free speech.
But if you are a guest in someone's house and they ask you to step outside to smoke a cig or to please not discuss certain topics while visiting then you honor it or tell your wife you won't go to dinner at their house anymore.

I have nothing against pot or those that enjoy it. Voted to legalize it. But I will enforce rule #6 as expected to as a mod.
Well put . It's a simple and direct premise here . All of us are here by invitation and can be invited to leave at any time . This is not subject to arbitration . House rules are to be followed .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Push too hard here against the few rules we have and you will not even receive an invite.
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

viewing homedistiller.org as an encyclopedia with benefits, as opposed to a soapbox will reap greater benefits.
be water my friend
Tokoroa_Shiner
Distiller

Post by Tokoroa_Shiner »

Shine NOLA wrote:
Prairiepiss wrote:
we will still be outlaws
The horse has been dead a long time. Stop beating it.