Donating to HD question

Putting older posts here. Going to try to keep the novice forum pruned about 90 days work. The 'good' old stuff is going to be put into appropriate forums.

Moderator: Site Moderator

freespirited
Site Donor
Site Donor

Donating to HD question

Post by freespirited »

I have been dontaing a small amount when someone buys something from me through HD. Can you tell me who all these people are? Obviously Tony's name comes up on the main page, but I get others depending where I click. If I click the top right I get: disitllr@bigpond.net.au and the bottom I get: dave@pioneerspirits.com somehow I donated to Tony Ackland and now cant find it again. I know I can just go back into my Paypal to get there, but I was just curious wheres these donations were going? TIA
rubber duck
retired

Re: Donating to HD question

Post by rubber duck »

When you donate to dave@pioneerspirits.com it goes to Uncle Jessie, he's the one that runs the server and incurs the upkeep costs.

It's been rumored that it goes to Madison bear garden but I can assure you that's not the case. :)
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. John Steinbeck
freespirited
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by freespirited »

Thanks for the info!
JBs
Novice

Post by JBs »

@rubber duck,

Thanks for explaining that, as when the email came up on PayPal (dave@pioneerspirits.com) after making a donation I googled it and it comes up with a green website with a shack. I thought I’d been scammed or sent cash to the wrong place 👍🏻