What would you do with this haul

Information about fruit/vegetable type washes.

Moderator: Site Moderator

josh_m
Novice

What would you do with this haul

Post by josh_m »

Scored about 35 gallons of fuyu persimmons. I had to get them before they were finished ripening because of the deer. I'm thinking let em sit for a few days, cap and quarter. Freeze ripen and then ferment.
What say you guys? Should I add some pectic enzyme to the ferment and should I peel?
What would you do?Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Re: What would you do with this haul

Post by jb-texshine »

Seeds,skins and all smushed up with ec1118. Thats how i do wild persimmons. Strain with pillow case.slow process. Double distill it for sure. DO NOT ADD SUGAR!! Read up on the ass press.
I will be doing the same thing shortly myself but with wild persimmons just waiting on them to finish getting ripe.
Jbt
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Sorry my comments are off topic but usually we don't approve members first posts unless they are in the Welcome Center. We want to give you a proper welcome so please start a thread with an introduction giving a brief description about yourself and what you would like to accomplish.
city shiner
Bootlegger

Post by city shiner »

jb-texshine wrote:Seeds,skins and all smushed up with ec1118. Thats how i do wild persimmons. Strain with pillow case.slow process. Double distill it for sure. DO NOT ADD SUGAR!! Read up on the ass press.
I will be doing the same thing shortly myself but with wild persimmons just waiting on them to finish getting ripe.
Jbt
JBT I haven't had persimmons since I was a kid. I can't imagine perrsimon brandy.....
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

city shiner wrote:
jb-texshine wrote:Seeds,skins and all smushed up with ec1118. Thats how i do wild persimmons. Strain with pillow case.slow process. Double distill it for sure. DO NOT ADD SUGAR!! Read up on the ass press.
Jbt
JBT I haven't had persimmons since I was a kid. I can't imagine perrsimon brandy.....
Its awesome for sure. Definately my favorite. This year i used wild yeast and finished it up with d47 once the wild yeast gave up. Next year im planning on keeping some as wine and some will go into a mead. I also got permission to pick some wild plums next year.
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!