tangerines

Information about fruit/vegetable type washes.

Moderator: Site Moderator

NZChris
Master of Distillation

Re: tangerines

Post by NZChris »

It sounds like you've pulled very little of the potential flavor and alcohol out of your wash, so I'm not surprised the backset still tastes ok. It's not something I've ever done, so I have no experience with it. Your backset will be sterile as long as you haven't contaminated it since, so it might keep quite well in a fridge or freezer.

4% is an ok, beer/cider/RTD type, abv for drinks by the pool & BBQ, but you might not want to let your friends taste your backset unless it's April the 1st, or they are pests :D
RidgeBack
Novice

Post by RidgeBack »

Mahalo (thank you) for all the comments. Saved about 2.5 liters of the backset in the reefer. Yea it's like a weak beer, and a little sour. But I like it. Dumped the rest in the yard and cleaned all the equipment. Maybe I can get back to brewing beer which I "know" something about. LOL
pope
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pope »

Hey man just brew a beer, then instead of boiling and adding hops off the lauter just cool it and ferment it and you've got some winning single malt right there.
"A little learning is a dang'rous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, And drinking largely sobers us again." - Alexander Pope
BrooklynTech
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BrooklynTech »

Did that a few years ago w/some Pilsner Extract. Came out quite tasty after sitting on oak for a year.