Liquid Enzymes

These little beasts do all the hard work. Share how to keep 'em happy and working hard.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Ted
Novice

Liquid Enzymes

Post by Ted »

I have SEBStar and SEBAmyl- GL. What would the mashing procedure be like if I were doing a bourbon mash of corn, wheat and malted barley using the enzymes? Would the wheat and barley be there for flavor instead? I'm familiar with Booners casual corn recipe using the enzymes but I just don't know how to use the enzymes when wheat and barley are added. I would appreciate it if someone could give me some tips for success. Thanks guys
Halfbaked
retired

Re: Liquid Enzymes

Post by Halfbaked »

http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=48126 Jimbos easy gumball uses malt. If you are using malt this will explain the no boil way of how to do it. Booners is the same kind of way to do it with out malt. You can still use enzymes with Jimbo's and possibly get a little more OG but maybe not. In Booners you can use what ever grains you want and don't need malt for conversion. The advantage to Booners is you can reuse yeast. When using malt in Jimbo's it is not sterilized. That is why he says when its ready run it. I think if you read first 4 pages of both threads you will say ahhhhh I get it.
Ted
Novice

Post by Ted »

Alright thanks halfbaked
DAD300
Master of Distillation

Post by DAD300 »

pintoshine has video on youtube with those enzymes. The process for corn, rice, wheat is same...I have never had a failure.
CCVM http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... d#p7104768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Ethyl Carbamate Docs viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55219&p=7309262&hil ... e#p7309262
DSP-AR-20005
Ted
Novice

Post by Ted »

DAD300 wrote:pintoshine has video on youtube with those enzymes. The process for corn, rice, wheat is same...I have never had a failure.
Yeah I watched it. He adds his corn while he's heating up his water. So If I were doing a corn wheat and barley bourbon I would add it all at the same time while heating the water Up to 190 degrees? Sounds crazy but I got a tip that if you add your wheat/rye at a lower temperature you get more flavor from it. I'm thinking if the wheat and barley are going to be reaching a temperature of 190 it might diminish the flavor of it? Who knows, I'm probably just over thinking it :think:. But I would probably get a higher O.G from the wheat and barley, or am I wrong? By the way I met pintoshine a few weeks ago but we didn't really talk about mashing. Thanks for your input :thumbup: